Notes for Evangelism Conference
From Neal's Wiki
Evangelism is Dead. Long live Evangelism.
Things I Promised I'd Talk About
- Modern Church vs. Post-modern Church (Post-Modern? WTF???)
- Recent Cultural Trends and Ideas (My Fave, See Below)
- Resources for Evangelism in Emerging Culture (Books, Articles, Cohorts)
- Emerging Flavored Presbyterians (Presbymergent)
Jeff's Outline for Me
- Evangelism is Dead. Long live Evangelism.
- Historical overview of emergent
- moving to a church that is more relevant to postmodern culture.
- Deconstruction (critical to emergence)
- What evangelism has been
- What evangelism should not be
- Evangelism as Deliberate (or intentional) Community
- Relationships vs. Rules
- Conversation vs. Conversion
- Church fulfilling need for daily community
- Congregation as participant developers vs. listeners & followers
Evangelism in Emerging Culture
- It's all about community (and conversation)
- Three options (IMHO):
- Join an Existing Community (best)
- Create One (good but hard)
- Transform an existing one into one (hardest, possibly inauthentic)
- My Experiences Evangelizing and Being Evangelized
- Frisco Community Theatre
- NCD Conference 2006
- Conversations with Chris
Technological Concepts and Trends
- Web 2.0 & Church 2.0
- Long Tail Church
- Open Source Movement
- Eyeballs & bugs
- Release Early & Release Often
- Wiki Worship & Soft Security
- Dynamic Truth in Tension
- Consumers of Worship vs. Prosumers of Worship
- Four Principles of "Wikinomics"
- Acting Globally
Other Random Soapboxes (Ask With Caution)
- Truth, Truthiness, and Absolute Truth
- Presbyterians Are Big Time Geeks.
- Why Folk Music and Hymns are Emergent. And Cool.
- ASCAP Sucks. So does Copyright.
- Most Christian Education is Neither Christian Nor Education
- Emerging Church Dress Code (why do they all look alike?)
Don't Just Sit There
- Presbymergent (blog, wiki, survey, parties)
- E.vangelize.us (what do you want it to be?)